Our simple ideas and inspiration to get outdoors and embrace the winter chill.
Including adventure blogs, walking apps and style ideas to create the perfect micro adventure.
1. Find your nearest coastal path and choose a section to walk over a day or weekend. Our favourite walk in Cornwall is from Cot Valley to Sennen Cove. A great way to switch off and leave the day-to-day chores behind.
2. Research your nearest nature reserve and head to it, for a sneaky peak into the wildlife on your doorstep. Our favourite spot in Cornwall has to be the lookout point at Godrevy Head to spot seals.
Top tip : Head to The Rockpool Cafe where you can park and have a great breakfast before setting off along the coast, past the lighthouse and to Godrevy point. Binoculars are a great idea to get a close up of the beautiful creatures.
3. A great way to spend an afternoon is a refreshing sea swing or surf in the great atlantic. Ok, so it is a little cold but a great way to get the heartbeat racing and there is nothing like a piece of cake and a warm hot chocolate after you get out of the surf.
Top tip – we love warming our hands around a nice hot cuppa. Love this winter spice hot chocolate recipe here by health and wellbeing food blogger The Food Medic
Here is our little list of inspiration:
- Blog Inspiration – See Outside – outdoor lifestyle, adventure and travel publication set up to document outdoor experiences and adventures, with the aim to inspire others to get outside and explore the planet. Link here
- App – View Range – downloadable app and digital guide to the outdoors, with hundreds of thousands of downloadable route guides, free worldwide maps, and powerful GPS navigation features. Our mobile app runs on iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Kindle Fire, and Android smartphones, tablets, and watches. Download here
- Film – Wild – A chronicle of one woman’s 1,100-mile solo hike undertaken as a way to recover from a recent personal tragedy starring Reese Witherspoon.
- Book – The Pants of Perspective – How far could you run? Anna McNuff ran 1911 miles along the length of New Zealand. Buy or download here
- Film – Tracks – A 2013 Australian drama film directed by John Curran and starring Mia Wasikowska and Adam Driver. It is an adaptation of Robyn Davidson’s memoir of the same name, chronicling the author’s nine-month journey on camels across the Australian desert.
Here is our list of outdoor gear to take on your adventure:
- Our Simple Tee – a great base layer £35 Buy here
- Millican – Smith the Roll Pack 25ml £125 Buy here
- MEINDL – Women’s Kansas GORE-TEX® Walking Boot £145 Buy here
- Buffalo – Womens Fell Jacket Made in England £198 Buy here
- One Green bottle – Curvy Canteen Bottle 75ml £14 Buy here
I hope you like our get outdoors ideas, inspiration and style picks as much as we do!
Please feel free to share your favourite microadventures too.