We have found a selection of healthy breakfast recipes to kickstart your day.
All recipes have been found from a great selection of feel good and lifestyle blogs. We hope you like our healthy breakfast selection and good luck with trying these easy breakfast recipes.
ICED TURMERIC MATCHA LATTE
- 1 cup / 250ml milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon of Pure Chimp Turmeric Matcha Green Tea
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of sweetener of choice – maple syrup works especially well here
- Place the milk, matcha powder and sweetener in a blender and blend.
- Pour over the ice and serve
BERRY & ACAI PORRIDGE
- 1/3 bowl of Mornflake oats (can be gluten-free), cover & soaked in Almond Breeze Nutri+ Calcium milk
- ½ cup blueberries (stirred into the porridge whilst cooking)
- 1 tsp Indigo Herbs acai powder (stirred in at the end of cooking)
- 1 tsp maca powder (stirred in at the end of cooking)
- Blueberries, strawberries, Two Birds Berry Blast Seeds Breakfast boost
PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN BARS
- 2 scoops (70g) protein powder
- 6 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp stevia
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter – or you can use smooth
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 80g dark chocolate, melted
- handful of peanuts, finely chopped
- In a bowl, mix together the protein powder, oat flour and stevia.
- Add the peanut butter and milk, then mix to combine.
- Press down into a loaf tin (I used a 22×12 cm loaf tin).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted chocolate and chopped peanuts.
- Spread over the protein mixture then refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Slice into 8 bars
QUINOA INSTANT PORRIDGE
- 120g quinoa flakes
- 8 tbsp coconut oil
- 85g ground almonds
- 50g goji berries
- 30g desiccated coconut
- 6 tbsp lucuma or 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 heaped tbsp chia seeds
- 3 heaped tbsp flaxseeds (ground or whole)
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Spread the flakes, no more than ½ cm thick, on to a parchment paper-lined baking tray. Bake at 180ºC for 10 minutes. This pre-cooking is what makes the porridge instant later.
- Remove from the oven and pour into a bowl with the coconut oil – the oil will melt.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together well. Allow to cool, transfer to a glass or Kilner jar and store somewhere cool.
In The Morning
- Spoon four to six heaped tablespoons of the mix into a bowl.
- Pour over half a cup of boiling water, cover and leave for five minutes. Add more water for a thinner porridge.
- If you haven’t added any maple syrup to the mix, stir in some raw honey to taste. Add any desired toppings.
NATURAL PROTEIN SHAKE
- 250ml of almond milk
- 1 banana (you can freeze it first for a creamier smoothie)
- 150g of natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (soaked for 20 mins in 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients to your blender (milk first!)
- Blend until smooth
COCONUT YOGURT PANCAKES
- 1 large egg
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 150 g 5 oz Onken Coconut Biopot Yogurt (plus more to serve)
- 150 g 5 oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbso coconut oil
- A handful of blueberries
In a bowl, whisk the egg, and yogurt together until well combined.
Add the milk and whisk again.
Add the flour and baking powder and whisk again a final time until smooth.
Leave to sit for a few minutes. Bubbles will form on the surface.
Put 1-2 tsp of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan and place over a high heat.
Reduce to medium and add 4 ice cream-scoop-size dollops of batter.
Fry until golden brown underneath, then flip with a slotted spatula and fry until cooked on both sides.
Repeat until all the pancakes are cooked, piling on a plate to create a tall tower. Drizzle with more yogurt and a scattering of blueberries.